To better protect yourself online, You need to follow these basic steps of Online Safety and security:
- Fortify your device and each online account. Enable your strongest authentication tools available. This might include biometrics, security keys, or unique one-time passwords (OTP) sent to your mobile device. Usernames and passwords are not enough to protect key accounts such as e-mail, banking, and social media.
- Keep a clean device. Make sure all software on Internet-connected devices — including PCs, laptops, smartphones, and tablets — are updated regularly to reduce the risk of malware infection.
- Personal information is like money. Value it. Protect it. Information about you, such as purchase history or location, has value — just like money. Be thoughtful about who receives that information and how it’s collected by apps or websites.
- When in doubt, throw it out. Cybercriminals often use links to try to steal your personal information. Even if you know the source, if something looks suspicious, delete it.
- Share with care. Think before posting about yourself and others online. Consider what a post reveals, who might see it, and how it could be perceived now and in the future.
- Own your online presence. Set the privacy and security settings on websites to your comfort level for information sharing. It’s okay to limit how and with whom you share information.
Staying safer and more secure online starts with STOP. THINK. CONNECT.
– the simple, actionable advice anyone can follow these steps.
make sure security measures are in place.
about the consequences of your actions and behaviors online.
and enjoy the Internet.
Whether banking, shopping, social networking, tracking our health or downloading the latest app, in today’s interconnected world, practicing good cybersecurity is critical. All digital citizens must learn to stay safer and more secure in their ever-expanding digital lives, including by preventing and responding to identity theft and scams, ensuring that home networks are secure, managing the security of mobile devices and teaching children to use the Internet safely, securely and responsibly. Know about how the public WiFi work.
Internet Security Software
Last, but not least by a long shot- always use a good Internet security software suite on your device. Coupled with a personal education about the cybersecurity landscape, a good Internet Security program such as Norton Security, will catch what you miss and help block thehidden threats lurking on the Internet.
If you have just purchased a Norton Security, and want to download and install it online. then please keep your correct Norton Setup Product key code handy with you and visit norton.com/setup to complete your Norton Product Registration . If you are facing any problem with you Norton Setup or activation then please contact us via live chat online or by calling one of our toll free number and we will be more than happy to help you to fix all your Norton Setup and installation and also other computer related issues.
Use full Tech Support link and toll free number: 844-777-7886